Using your Health Insurance
Stephen accepts and is "in network" with most Cigna and Empire (NY) Blue Cross/Blue Shield insurance plans. However, if you have health insurance through another carrier, read the following:
Stephen is registered as an Out-of-Network Provider with most major insurance companies (except Medicaid, Medicare, or Tricare ). Either you or he can submit invoices or the required forms to your insurance company so you can get reimbursement for a portion of the cost. In order to find out whether you have Out-of-Network benefits with you insurance plan and how much they will pay (as this varies from plan to plan), call the phone number on the back of your health insurance card and ask the representative the following questions: [If you prefer Stephen to find this out for you, please email him you insurance plan name and ID number as well as you date of birth.]
- "Do I have out-of-network behavioral health benefits?"
- "Do I have a deductible and if so, what is it?"
- "What percentage of the "reasonable and customary" fee does my plan cover?"
- "What is your "reasonable and customary" fee for psychotherapy (CPT code 90834 and 90837) provided by a Licensed Mental Heath Counselor (LMHC) in zip code 10038 of 11215?
- "Are there are any limits on the number of sessions allowed per year?"
- "Is here precertification needed or any benefit limitations based on diagnosis?
Once you have the answers to some or all of the above questions (or if you have difficulty finding out), please reach out to Stephen to ask for help or move forward with scheduling a session.